- Bail bonds are the more ideal route to bailing out of jail compared to cash bail for most people.
- The bail amount is determined by the judge at the arraignment hearing and the amount dictates the cost of the bail bond, which will be 10% of the bail.
- The defendant, or someone on their behalf, must contact Sacramento Bail Bond Store in order to get the bail bonds process started.
- Bail bonds are paid off over an extended period of time, compared to cash bail that is paid all at once.
- The bail bondsman will want valid identification, contact information, info regarding the crime, and where the defendant is being held.
- The defendant will need to make all court appearances or his or her bail will be revoked.
- Bail bonds can be paid with cash, credit or debit, and checks.
- Collateral may be required for the bail bond, which will be released back to the owner as long as the defendant is compliant with the release terms and conditions.
Those are the basics about bail bonds; however there is still more to know and understand, mostly the nitty gritty details and fine print.